Digital transformation into a travel agency
In this case we were asked for a digital transformation for a newly created travel agency. Next, we will see how the project was carried out from the initial phase to the implementation of the plan and to what extent the objectives were achieved.
The company is a small travel agency specializing in a niche quite specific, university students.
In terms of technology they had an informative website about their destinations as well as profiles on social networks, mainly Facebook and Instagram.
Customer acquisition was done both digitally and physically as they have an office and make sales visits to different universities.
The sales process was quite manual, they talked to customers through WhatsApp where they resolved doubts, followed up and sent commercial proposals. Once the sale was made, the clients proceeded to the payment, which was generally paid in monthly instalments and verified manually by the company’s employees.
The customers were quite satisfied and the customer experience was good.
Objectives of the company
- Increase sales.
- To be more agile.
- Promote the capture of customers in a digital way.
- Improve the brand, greater reputation and knowledge.
- Automate certain manual and repetitive tasks.
- Improve customer interactions, especially in social networks.
- Increase customer satisfaction.
Analysis of the situation and main problems
After an in-depth analysis of the company, both internal and external processes, available resources and daily operations, we found a series of problems and areas for improvement.
Problem 1 – Digital capture did not work at all well compared to physics.
We found a website with little traffic, because it was merely informative, did not offer valuable content, was not optimized and did not perform any kind of digital marketing. As for the social networks even having followers did not have much engadgement which indicated that we were not investing in ads and that the content was not relevant enough for their target audience.
Problem 2 – Internal processes were manual and not supported by technology.
Almost all the processes were manual, the follow-up of potential clients, the sending of tariffs, the verification of payments, etc. As they were manuals, it took a long time to carry them out and certain mistakes were made.
Problem 3 – The communication and organization of the team was not good.
Communication channels between workers were not well defined, communication was not efficient. There was no specialization of workers in specific tasks and areas, everyone towards everything, leading to inefficiencies and slow processes.
Problem 4 – There was no defined corporate image.
There was only one logo, which was used in different ways and accompanied by different fonts, sizes and colors giving inconsistency to the brand. This was due to the fact that there was no manual on corporate image that defined the use of logos in different situations as well as corporate fonts and colors.
Once the main problems were found, a detailed action plan was created with improvement measures to face a digital transformation in the company. Among them we worked mainly on:
- Setting up of a management system, where processes were defined and automated to a large extent.
- Creation of a customer database, thus creating newsletters and sending personalized promotions.
- Restructuring of personnel, assigning specific tasks, objectives and responsibilities.
- Variable remuneration according to objectives.
- Telework and flexible working hours.
- Improvement of communication channels between employees and implementation of periodic meetings.
- Creation of the corporate identity manual, layout of commercial proposals.
- Web redesign, implementing an automated online payment system.
- Expansion of communication channels with the customer.
- SEM – promotion in digital media, both in RRSS and in search engines such as Google.
- SEO – optimization of the website both in speed and creation of relevant content.
- Creation of a chatbot to resolve doubts and speed up the sales process.
The results of the different improvements were quite good from the beginning, making the company much more competitive against its rivals. Let’s see how the objectives were met:
- Increase sales: 36.4% increase in sales ✓
- Be more agile: Much faster processes, automated as much as possible ✓
- Promote digital customer acquisition: It rose from about 20 digital captures per month to more than 100 ✓
- Improve brand, reputation and awareness: The number of followers increased, new, higher quality content was created and popularity increased ✓
- Automate certain manual and repetitive tasks: Automated the payment system and parts of the sales process ✓
- Improve customer interactions, especially in social networks: New channels were opened such as Facebook messenger, increased engadgement in social networks ✓
- Increase customer satisfaction: Satisfaction rose, a brand ambassador program was created and events were created for existing and potential customers ✓
What about ROI? The return on investment for the first year was 63%. The digital transformation is undoubtedly a very profitable investment for the future.
Echa un vistazo a nuestros servicios de transformación digital aquí.
Take a look at our digital transformation services here.