Strategic and technological consulting for a wholesaler
In this case we were asked for a consultancy job for a hardware wholesaler. Next we will see how the project was carried out and what it implied.
The customer a wholesaler dedicated to selling hardware to retail companies came to us in order to increase the performance of their business. Even with good results, he noticed how the technology escaped him and he wasn’t using it in his favor. As far as technology is concerned, it had a fairly obsolete website and a somewhat rudimentary management program for inventory and order management, somewhat rudimentary. In terms of operations, it had a well-functioning sales team and a sufficient customer list, and orders were placed manually after presenting catalogues to customers.
After having a series of interviews with the client we managed to achieve the objectives in a clear way. Because we wanted to increase the performance of the business, we immersed ourselves in it to understand it as well as possible. We reviewed the processes, the business model, carried out an analysis of the competition, the market, and so on. After this stage of analysis it was concluded that certain technological sections had to be improved and objectives were set for the project. In this case we were dealing with a project that involved both technology consulting and strategic consulting.
Objectives of the project
- Increase in turnover.
- New website with online orders for your retail customers.
- Open a new line of business, selling hardware to individuals (B2C).
Once the objectives were established, we set to work to make improvements. This was done:
- Web development with online store where retailers placed orders.
- Development of a new line of business, sale of hardware to individuals, for it was carried out:
- Creation of a second corporate identity focused on this new line of business.
- Web development of online store.
- Development and implementation of a marketing strategy aimed at this new segment.
- Rewards system for retailers and offers by volume, increasing the average purchase ticket and the frequency of purchase of customers.
- Installation of a management program fully synchronized with the website and suppliers.
- Change in the remuneration of salespeople, more importance to the variable part and well-defined objectives.
It’s early to see the results because the project is still active today, so far all objectives are being met and at a very good pace.
The web development made the commercial task much easier, speeding up the sales process. The commercials are happier, because their involvement is directly recommended in their salary.
The new B2C business line is starting to bill although it is a longer term process.
Have a look at our consulting services here.